With Kickserv being the most proven field service software on the market of course we have a method to track just about any data common to field service businesses and mileage is one of them.
We have two direct methods to track mileage
- Time Tracking notes
- Custom work fields
Time Tracking method
- Create a job and assign it to your technician
- Scroll down to Time Tracker
- Create a new time entry
- Choose the tech and date
- In the notes is where your tech will document the mileage of their vehicle.
- And then the number of hours on the job
- Finally to report on the miles run the Time Card report from the reports page
Custom Fields method
- If your plan supports custom fields you will click on settings > custom fields
- Choose [Work fields]
- Create a text field using a pick list and add your employees to the list box
- Next, create a number field and ensure that its position in the list will make it immediately after its named text field above.
- You can make more then one set of these text and number fields if you need to.
- You will add your mileage to the job by editing your job and updating your custom mileage fields
- To report on the mileage you can create a custom mileage report (see creating custom reports)
- We can assist with creating your custom report if you need our help just ask.