The current customer import tool works as long as you have all the data clean under the correct headers. Here are your instructions:
- Start at the Kickserv contacts page and look for the small blue clouds in the upper right of the page. You want the "up cloud".
- Choose the Import from CSV.
- Follow the instructions
- Use the provided "customers.csv" template and our headers.
- Do one record at a time until you see the data is importing correctly.
- Once you are comfortable with your data set then you can start importing larger groups (5, 10, 15, 30, etc…).
- There is no "Undo" button so make sure you go slow with small manageable imports.
- Save file as UTF-8 .csv format.
- Name field should be the first column and primary field.
- Name field is 41 characters or less and no special characters.
- email_address field must be in email format (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- phone_number is numeric and 21 or less. It does allow dashes and dots.
- which billing address values are [service], [billing] or [parent] and always lower case.
How to import service locations (i.e. property management companies)
- The parent record has a [import_id] with a made-up number.
- The service locations or child records will have a [parent_id] sharing the same number as your import_id.
How import and populate custom fields
- Create a custom field in your Kickserv account (settings > custom fields)
Note: that you can only import contact fields
- Use the label or name of the contact field
- Add that label or name as a column or header in your .csv import file.