Kickserv users often ask us how they can calculate the cost and profit of their work for a particular time range (e.g. quarterly or monthly). You can do this easily with job expenses and the expense report.
- Select Reports from the main navigation menu on the left.
- In the Work section, locate the Expenses report.
- Select the date range you're interested in, select "CSV (Excel)" from the dropdown, and click Run Report.
- Find the file you just downloaded and open it in your favorite spreadsheet editor. You'll find "Jobs Total Expenses" in column L, and "Jobs Total" in column M.
- Use those magic spreadsheet tools to sum up column L and sum up column M (or do it by hand if you just really love arithmetic).
- Subtract the L total (Job Total Expenses) from the M total (Job Totals) to get your profit.
We hope this is a good start for you keeping track of your job costs and profits.