Signing up for Xero
Before connecting to Xero, your account must include the Xero add-on, which can be enabled by your account owner on the Subscription page within Account & Billing settings.
Once added, visit the Xero page by clicking the link in the side menu.
Connecting to Xero
Now you will find a button to connect your Xero account to Kickserv. Clicking the “Connect to Xero” button will start the connection process.
The first step in connecting your Xero account is signing into Xero, if you are not already signed in. Signing in will prompt you to allow Kickserv to access your data.
Once access is allowed, you will be redirected back to Kickserv’s Xero setup page.
Once connected, you will be presented with a set of configuration options. These options are required to be set and saved prior to your first sync.
- Address fields - Service address can be synced to a Xero contact’s postal or street addressBilling address can be synced to a Xero contact’s postal or street address
- Contact exporting - Export only contacts that have a Kickserv invoiceExport all contacts with or without a Kickserv invoice
- Invoice tax type - Invoices can be Inclusive of tax. Taxes are deducted from the line item price for display in the job charges total tableInvoices can be Exclusive of tax. Taxes are added on without reducing the line item price.
- Default line item account - Line items will default to the specified Xero account. The listed Xero accounts are accounts that are of type “Revenue”
- Default payment account - Payments will default to the specified Xero account. The listed Xero accounts are accounts that are of type “Bank” and/or have “Enable payments to account” set.
- Invoice due date - This option allows you to set how far in the future new invoices are due. You may select between days and months.